July 11, 2014

Project Life 2014...Week 18 (inserts with multiple photos for one event)

In my Week 17 Project Life spread I used products from just the July Gossamer Blue Life Pages Kit.  This week I'm sharing Week 18 of my Project Life 2014 & I'm mixing up the July Gossamer Blue kits. There's little bit of everything in this week + a few inserts. 
Here's the two page spread.  Love the colors for this week.  I always seem to find just the right mix from the Gossamer Blue kits to suit my likes.
The left page.  For this week I used lots of journaling cards from the July Life Pages Add-On 3 Kit.  Love Peppermint's work and her subtle use of color and pattern.
Here's the right page.
This is one of my recent favorite inserts.  I love the greens and blues with the added oranges.  This chipboard alpha from the main July Main Kit is a favorite too.  It's mixy matchy style just goes with anything, adding just a bit of whimsy.  It's from the Open Road collection from Crate Paper called Mixed Letter Thickers.
A number 4 from the alpha set + a stamp from the Main Kit.
Stitched embellishment from Crate Paper + one of the Studio Calico phrase stickers from the Bits & Pieces Kit. Do you add foodie type photos to your Project Life?  I love taking closeup shots of plated food.  It's fun to add in a few props like pretty plates and cloth napkins too.  
Just photos from the week with a few added embellishments.
For the insert on the left, below, I  used another One Little Bird journaling card as a base.  I used Traci Reed's journaling card with the pink circle and punched out the circle.  There's lots of creativity you can you add to the cards by manipulating them just a bit.  That cute puffy flower sticker is from the July Main Kit. If you like cool ampersands then the Main Kit is for you.  You must get the chipboard alpha, it's that good. On the right you can see one of the ampersands + I altered another journaling card by trimming off the bottom and stitching it to a photo.
I trimmed lots of little notched flags from the 6 x 6 pad in the Bits & Pieces this month. On the right I used more of the chipboard alpha from the Main Kit.
This week I had one insert with a front layout and separate back layout.  The front features a day of planting the old chicken feeders.  The photos were just so pretty...I had to use more than one.
I created a little title insert using more hand cut, notched flags and embellishments from the kits.
My back insert is a new favorite too.  It features photos of my girls + a friend and their catch from fishing.  Again, just too many photos to narrow down so I used quite a few.  I've pretty much omitted 12 x 12, large size layouts from my scrapbooking.  I just love using multiple photos and the Project Life divided page protectors make it easy to complete a large spread.
Loveeee the inserts here.  The colors and flowers and that quirky little alphabet just all plopped themselves down onto my 3 x 4 cards.  I really love the little Studio Calico phrase sticker sheet from the Bits & Pieces kit and the Studio Calico wood grain star sequins from the July Main Add-On Kit looks so cute when paired with the chipboard star accent.  A little machine stitching ensures the pieces will stay secured.
It's so fun to work with the Gossamer Blue kits for my Project Life.  There's just such a great selection and it all coordinates so beautifully.  I can't wait to use more of this kit and do some catching up on my weeks.  Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

April said...

Another fabulous week! I want to tell you how much I enjoy looking at your PL spreads...they're amazing!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Gorgeous work as usual! Loving the papers this week and your quilt top too :)

Debbie said...

WOW!! Your quilt is coming along VERY NICELY! Its going to be BEAUTIFUL!! YOU are one of the reasons I am LOVING PL!! And,,.Gossamer Blue as well! They're monthly kits are amazing. and your pages are SO artistic & inspiring! Thanks so much for all your work posting for US!!

~ BEART ~ said...

Wonderful PL! I love the Colors!Love, love, love it! ;)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

My goodness Girl you take incredible photos!!!!
and the design you do-Simply Gorgeous!!!!
tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails