August 18, 2013

Project Life 2013.....Week 24

Hi everyone, we're winding down to a screeching halt to sweet Summertime, it seems.  Tonight the girls go to a midnight lock-in practice for volleyball, then it's 2-a-day practices then it's back to school Thursday.  We feel like Summer has slipped away and we want more time.  But alas, it is what it is and school will start this week.  I will be kind of glad to get back to a work schedule since I work out of the home but I'm not ready to see my reds head back to school and have so many practices and homework every night.  I know many of you feel the same way.

On to Project Life, today I'm sharing Week 24 which is a month back in June.  We were knee deep in volleyball and Summer sports. 
Here's my 2 page spread which has a 6 x 12 insert of my flower beds. 
Here's the spread without the insert.  Lots and lots of photos this week. 
The left page....
The right page....at this point in my Project Life pages I'm trying to keep the 4 x6 inserts to full size photos.  I love the look and it takes up way less time to get the spread finished.
I loved this vintage image from one of the August Gossamer Blue Kits.  I paired it with the gold foil quote bubble insert and typed the fun sentiment.  So true around here.
Here I used some of the stamps I designed for the August kits.  I love stamping the frames onto patterned paper then cutting out the shapes.
Here I typed on a Notebook Paper Label for journaling.
I used another Notebook Paper Label here with typed facts about our pool + I added another stamped shape from the August stamps from Gossamer Blue.
This was kind of fun....I attached a piece of patterned paper that has typed journaling onto the top of the photo.  There was blank space so it worked out well.  Poor Josey fell really hard and sprained her ankle at Summer volleyball. 
Some fun vintage finds of an old cutting board which I love to use for food display, a heavy metal silver tray and some old cafe style cups and saucer.
A simple tag with typing for some journaling.
The 3 x 4 inserts.  New walking shoes and a photo of Baby, the spoiled kitten.
Love this old barn wood paper from the August GB kit.  Lots of stickers from the kits for borders and dates.  I used one of my Notebook Paper Labels above a square photo with a border sticker on top.  I love how it looks like one piece with a sticker over the top.
Some prints right from my phone...the weather and a text from Josey.
Oh Lord, the cankle photo.  This is Josey's foot after she took the shoe off after we got home from that volleyball game. We called the doctor the very next morning for x-rays.  Wow, that was one swollen ankle!
Here's the 6 x 12 insert.  I printed a photo out to 6 x 8 and used two horizontal slots to hold the photo which I cut in half.
I used a Small Manila Parcel Tag with more of the October Afternoon border sticker for journaling. I really like that simple touch of the sticker.
Here's the back side of the insert with photos from Father's Day. This year we gave Eric an old crate full of frozen steaks, some beer and a variety of BBQ sauces, rubs and marinades.  Best gift ever! I saw there are some sites that offer a BBQ sauce of the month type club....that might just be a good Christmas gift for the men folk around here.
I used a Medium Manila Parcel Tag to note the event and date with my typewriter.  I used a snippet of patterned paper for a little color on the tag.
Another week in the books. Hope I'm not boring you to death with my Project Life pages.  :)

7 comments:

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Hi Michelle!
I have been checking out your PL pages for a while now and feel badly I haven't commented earlier to let you now how inspired I am by your pages!
I hope you and your family enjoy your last few days of Summer!

Kirsty said...

I just LOVE your pages! Love seeing how Charlie is such a part of the family! (I have a yellow lab and a chocolate lab) Am getting so many great ideas! Can't wait to start on my album - HAVE to make time.

Rene Sharp said...

Could NEVER EVER be bored by your PL spreads, they are SUCH an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE your PL pages! Just wondering if your PL page planner came from (in your first pic) I see a peek of it. I love it just as much as your pages!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

TOTALLY enjoy waking up on mornings seeing one of your blog posts in my inbox! BEST Project Life layouts by far!

I do have one question~I LOVE your cursive "date:" stamp. Where can I purchase one?

Thanks so much for all of your inspiration! You ROCK :D!
Shelley

Maureen said...

LOVE love LOVE your pages! I could never get bored with them - please keep sharing!!

Denise E said...

No, never boring! Always inspirational. Can't wait to get back into a fall/school schedule so I can get to work on some of my pages too! Thanks for sharing! Again, can't wait to see the post about your PL organization/notebook! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails