May 23, 2013

Gossamer Blue...May "leftovers"

Hey everyone.  We're off to an early weekend as we head out to the State track meet.  Josey qualified in the open 400 meter.  Wish her luck to make it to the finals.  She runs tomorrow for preliminaries to qualify.

Before we head out I thought I would share the last of my Gossamer Blue projects for May.  Once I'm done with my assignments for the month, I like to gather up all the unused kit items and see what I can create with the leftovers.  I came up with 3 cards and a fun notebook.  You've already seen the card on the right in a previous post using Pan Pastels. 
These two cards are just wild and crazy and topped with oodles of products.  I like to reserve these types of cards for the girls to pick through for birthday cards.  The teens just love the crazy mix and colorful collages.  
This is where you can do some unconventional combinations and just play with the products.  Here I used a leftover polka dot sack, a resin flower, a toothpick flag and more.  It's all fair game.
Here's more of the same with layered labels, wood flags and partial words cut from die cuts.  They're a but bulkier so I always keep these with a stash of sacks from my shop and tuck in a candy bar, pack of gum etc for a gift. 
Here's a fun notebook that I plan to take with me on our Summer road trips.  I always need a little notebook to jot down some cool ideas I saw at a junk shop or maybe a note for Project Life.  
I loved adding some white Gesso to the wood pieces then adding embellishments on top.  Just a crazy mix of colors that are kind of vintage and fun!
As a final note, I've got this fun, red picnic ensemble in the shop.  It comes with the pretty set of 8 trays and cups + lots of linens to dress up a summer tablescape.  
Cute little dishes with a rose pattern. 
I love the original packaging that the snack set is in.  It's pretty rare to find the original box.  I think this is cute enough to display the dishes just like this.  
Okie doke, we're off to see the Wizard.   Hoping to get Josey a pair of winged shoes.  ;)  

5 comments:

leanne said...

good luck Josey.... may you run like the wind, and have some fun doing it:)

Joan V said...

Good luck to Josey.
Love the cards made from your left overs. Thanks for sharing.

kolleen said...

Love your cards and the notebook! Love the Fire King snack set as well! TFS!

Unknown said...

Good luck Josey! Great fun projects!

Unknown said...

Good luck Josey! Great fun projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails