April 20, 2013

Peas & Carrots Card..

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a project that I had up on the October Afternoon blog not too long ago. You can see the full post over at the OA site.  I used label sheets that were nearly all used up to create stencils.  I swiped Gesso over the label spaces to create some fun, textured areas on a piece of patterned paper.  You can find Gesso and the palette knife in this Mixed Media Kit that I now have in the shop.  You can get the Mixed Media Kit at a discounted price when purchased with the Mixed Florals Card Kit
Once my Gesso label piece was dry, I used my vintage typewriter to type out my card sentiments.  
I used peas and carrots jars from the October Afternoon Farm Girl collection and coordinated my sentiments for a whimsical anniversary card. 
Hope you enjoy!  I'm sucking down iced coffees to get all jacked up for a high school lock in tonight.  Luckily it ends at 1am now instead of 3am.  Eric and I volunteered to chaperone.....a dodge ball tournament is the highlight of the evening + pizza/pop delivered in.  Eric just informed me that the chaperones have formed a dodge ball team of our own.  Better put the extra support bra on.... ;)

5 comments:

Linda said...

Cute card. High school lock-in. You and your Eric are brave. Hahaha support bra. Too funny. Have fun.

Sue McGettigan said...

What a cute card, and LOL at the dodgeball/bra - good luck!

Sue McGettigan said...

What a cute card, and LOL at the dodgeball/bra - good luck!

Jen said...

Love this card. I think I'm going to use this as a shower card for a young friend who just got married. She's very into canning and farm life - this will be perfect!

Jen said...

Love this card. I think I'm going to use this as a shower card for a young friend who just got married. She's very into canning and farm life - this will be perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails