September 28, 2012

Pinwheels...Halloween style with October Afternoon

TGIF everyone.  Today I'm sharing a post here and over at the October Afternoon blog.  I'm using these stamped patterned paper pieces from the Witch Hazel collection to create some trendy Halloween pinwheels.  Check out my mini tutorial on how to create the pinwheels at the October Afternoon blog.  
I created these two Halloween cards using my finished pinwheels.  
Lots of October Afternoon Witch Hazel product was added to my card fronts including Tin Pins, Buttons and Chip 'n Stick buttons.  The large backgrounds are from the Miscellany pack.  
 I'm also sharing an extra project here on my blog using one leftover pinwheel that I had.  I grabbed some Large Kraft Sacks, Dainty Doilies, Small Clothespins, my Hero Arts alphabet stamps and some Copic markers.
 I created two gift sacks that I will use for the girls' Halloween treat sacks.  I'll probably add flat items like packs of gum, and some iTunes cards.
 For the pinwheel embellishing, I cut one pinwheel in half and created a sack topper using a folded Dainty Doily.  I added tied chipboard buttons to the tops.  For some name tags, I used some round Tidbits and the Hero Arts alphabets.  For the small clothespins, I used my Copic markers to make some spooky stripes.
Woohoo, ahead of the game on the Halloween treats and cards.  How about you? Have you been creating any fun Halloween goodies?  

In other news:
Just did me a little shopping at 2Peas for the new Pink Paislee Portfolio items.  The clear stamps, Tiny Tabs, Ephemera pack and Embossed Chipboard Album are a few of my favorites.  

I've also been busy organizing my mealing planning venture and the Crockin' Girls recipes are big faves.  I've also been pinning a lot to my Pinterest boards in the Crock Pot Recipes and Freezer Meals sections.  

I've got new items in my shop also, including a brand new Mixed Greetings Card Kit, some vintage finds and lots of Fall and Halloween goodies.  

That about does it for me for the week.  I've got to do some shopping for Jordan's upcoming birthday, organize her sleepover with friends and get to decorating for Halloween.  Homecoming is tonight, should be a great night for a football game.  Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Maria Asmus said...

Love your pinwheels!! I actually just made a stamp like this by myself. Maybe you wonna have a look on my blog!? :)

Gayle215 said...

Those projects are awesome! I totally need to rethink my decision not to buy Witch Hazel!

Unknown said...

Your projects are amazing! I love the pinwheels! I am loving OA's Witch Hazel (kinda addicted to every line they put out actually.) and I really love their spooky music notes stamp! Going to check out your shop now!

Redecórate con Lola Godoy said...

Hello, I love your blog, kisses from Spain.

Julie said...

OMG, you are just so clever! These are great, will have to have a go at making something similar.Thanks for sharing. x

Julie said...

OMG, you are just so clever! These are great, will have to have a go at making something similar.Thanks for sharing. x

Unknown said...

Love these!! What a great idea. I have a stamp very similar, I will get out my pattern papers and get to work on this idea.
I just love your blog!--Diana F.

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Love how these came out Michelle! I've been ruminating on some similar themes, and when I checked your site, I discovered we were on the same track! Terrific patterns and textures you've created!

Related Posts with Thumbnails