November 6, 2011

Project Life Week of May 22-28, 2011

Project Life Week of May 22-28, 2011

Note: I'm jotting down the questions that you've left in the comments section and will be happy to answer your questions. A recent question was what's my process...daily, weekly, print photos at home, etc. I'll work on this post and will have it up soon on the blog. I'm so happy that you're all jumping on the Project Life bandwagon. You can do it!

Here we go with another week of Project Life. This is one of my favorite weekly spreads because of the colors and design elements. Here's the two page spread.
Here's the left page with the main date insert.
Here's the right page. Check out the photo below of the reds. They must have been extra bored on this summer day...they thought it would be great fun to pinch each other's cheeks and see who could take it the longest.
For the main dated insert I used a pre-made embellishment, added some stamped hearts, the date stamp and some sticker letters. I also used the ampersand mask from Studio Calico with a little spray mist. For each week I try to make this 4 x 6 dated insert kind of set the theme for the rest of the journaling cards.
I really loved this hexagon, quilty paper from Studio Calico. I believe lots of the elements from this layout were from a Studio Calico kit. I mix all my kits together so I'm not totally sure though. On the left I used an Elle's Studio accent, stamped with Ali Edwards stamps from Technique Tuesday. On the right I used another Elle's Studio journaling piece.

Tip: I'm starting to use the extra blank journaling spot to do a "week in review" of sorts. I hand write or type out just a bullet type list of that week's extra happenings. I think it really helps to get the bigger picture of that week in our life. Here I used my Bic marker and a journaling pen.
More of the hexagon paper, this time done with a little paper piecing. Sticker, stitching and a Studio Calico butter on the left. On the right I used a sticky note from Cavallini and my vintage typewriter.
Here I used a journaling sheet from a Smash notebook along with a stamped Ali Edwards sentiment + stapled Washi tape. On the right I used one of my manila parcel tags from the shop + 7 Gypsies numbers and a sticker.
For these two journaling cards I stitched on patterned papers, used an Ali Edwards stamp combined with typewriter journaling..love that. I also used a Studio Calico chipboard tag with a decorative brad. I love combining journaling cards from the Project Life kit(on the right) with my own mixy matchy combination of patterned papers. And don't worry about the blank/white space. If you've written enough, it's okay to stop.
And I couldn't resist using some scraps of that hexagon Studio Calico paper to make a few cards from leftovers. This card uses Papertrey buttons, brown baker's twine and a Hero Arts stamp set.
Love the homespun feel to this one. Another one for my stash. :)
Whew, another week completed. And here's a concept: Put your finished pages in an album and let the family see them! As I was taking photos of my 8 completed weeks, Josey and her friend Megan sat and had a snack and looked at all the fun photos. I then realized that I never bring my album upstairs for the family to see. Stay tuned for my solution to that for 2012!

5 comments:

Deirdre said...

Thanks for sharing the process - hopefully will pick up project life from amazon.co.uk when it becomes available.

Cele Schaffer said...

Love seeing your Project Life pages! Wow-8 weeks done!! I was wondering how you organize the weeks when you are behind and what do you put the pics and memorabilia in to keep it separate for the weeks? Hope that question makes sense. Also do you put anything in your pages when you first get the album- like the top left weekly title cards or journaling cards? Keep up the great work! Can't hardly wait to see your December Daily...

kolleen said...

Anxious for blog about process. My 3 sons are grown. Wish I had done something like this when they were young. Thanks for sharing.

June K said...

Thanks for sharing, Mish. Just received all my PL stuff (my first time) and can't wait to get started. I fell behind on my "regular" scrapbooking and so I think PL will be just perfect going forward. Thanks for the inspirations and ideas of all the things I can do.

Lori H said...

Thanks for introducing me to Project Life! I should be receiving my first order tomorrow, and I am anxious to get started. I am years behind on the scrapbooking, but I am hoping I can get caught up with this new system. I, too, would love to know how you organize when you are behind on the current year. Thanks for sharing your PL pages & tips with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails