September 11, 2011

Love Lives Here for the Holidays

Welcome to today's Papertrey Group Post. This month we're sharing creations for the upcoming holiday season. It seems a little early to be discussing the holidays in September but we all know that the earlier we make a game plan, the better off we are when it comes to crunch time.

I'm starting off today with a few projects created with Melissa's and Nichole's new Love Lives Here: Holidays stamp set and coordinating mitten dies. I love that I now have a holiday rendition of the Love Lives Here stamp set. The images and sentiments are so homespun and meaningful.
For my card I created a cozy little scene complete with a star studded pine garland + hanging winter mittens. There are lots and lots of little images in this set to create holiday scenes. You'll definitely get your money's worth with this stamp set. For the mittens, I used some October Afternoon patterned paper that was die cut with the mitten die. It also has the cute little scalloped edge on the same die. The hearts were stamped and trimmed with scissors. Sparkly, red foliage from the craft store + a gold jingle bell + red baker's twine finish off the card. And you may notice the fun application of the sentiment...stay tuned this week for more on that. ;)
Next up I got a head start on some neighborly gifts that I deliver each year. You may have read yesterday's post on my summer canning. You can see that I'm all ready to fancy up some jelly jars.
This year I'm going to create some pretty little toppers using Love Lives Here: Holiday. It's so perfect for my little country creations. I started with a big metal rimmed tag that was covered with patterned paper. I then layered on a die cut and stamped mitten...so cute in Kraft and Fresh Snow. I chose the *homespun* sentiment because it's perfect for homemade creations like my jelly jars. Some more sparkly sprigs, bells and baker's twine finish off the layered tag.
To top my jars, I'm using brown paper sacks this year because the paper is easily wrinkled and becomes very pliable. I simply cut a round out of sack using a tin lid as a circle template. Wad the circle up and spray with water if you want even more wrinkling. I centered the circle on top of the jar and tied with cotton twine. My embellished tag is tied onto the topper using baker's twine.
And now I'm well on my way to having some wonderful samples to use for holiday cards and gifts.
Please join me as I hop around to the other Design Team Members' blogs today to see what they've created with Love Lives Here: Holiday:

16 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful projects!!! I am in LOVE with those sweet little mittens and the heartfelt sentiments in the new Love Lives Here Holidays set!

Anne said...

What lovely projects and a lovely way to start the morning. I love those jars as much as the stamp set. If that's possible. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration.

Gabby said...

Fantastic card and jar topper/label. These new sets and dies are totally winning me over! You've so nicely show-cased them. :)

Jessie said...

Oh my! Just lovely!! I love the jar topper!! I am swimming with ideas after seeing all these posts!!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Mish, that card might be the prettiest card you have ever made, and that is saying A LOT!!! The jar toppers are adorable, too, but that card ~ oh my!
Thanks for sharing
Susan

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVELY projects, Mish!!!

Tosha said...

Very, very pretty, calming, peaceful arrangements of color, to pretty to not display!

Noreen said...

Love the rustic way you topped the jar - with kraft paper and string, and then used bakers twine to tie on the tag! I'm ready to open the jar and taste the jelly!

Cele Schaffer said...

Love this project! Can't wait to purchase this set. I also am so hoping you and Melissa will have the 12 days of Christmas event this year-such a great inspiration to anticipate.

Unknown said...

Michelle,
Lately I have been yearning for the "easier' days when I was younger and used to love to can and put up food for the winter and for gifts! your post today and the previous one have encouraged me to go find my old canning books and start! I love the galsmat Our Best Bites and really enjoyed their canning article!! Thank you for giving me the nudge to get back to what is important!!

Unknown said...

Just adore those mittens and scrummy jars. Vee

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I LOVE what you've done! What a sweet set, but your touch is gorgeous. The colors are beautiful.

Melissa said...

So darling Mish. Your sweet project is perfectly homespun and heartfelt. Love it all.
Melis

Kim H. said...

Love, love, love this project and this new stamp set. All of it...just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Mish! Your projects are so full of gorgeous, layered detail. Wish I was one of your neighbours!

Jo R. (Australia)

Deirdre said...

Stunning - love what you have created.

Related Posts with Thumbnails