January 3, 2011

Air Mail Kits

Hi friends. Today it's back to school and back to work for our family. I've got lots of fun items going up in my Etsy shop...including this adorable Air Mail Kit I have to show you today. I have become intrigued by these Air Mail envelopes that I came upon recently. I love the colors and and the stripes and they remind of a long lost love letter from overseas perhaps.
I gathered up a tray full of postage themed supplies, fabrics, tapes, twine and doilies and let my mind wander. How about these great vintage postage stamps?
I used them on some small white tags from my Etsy shop along with embossed, red images. Am loving all the post mark stamps I can find too.
My stamps I used are a mixy matchy combo from Papertrey, Inque Boutique and Crafty Secrets. I love the look of embossing right over the postage stamp. These would make great little gift tags just by themselves.
And I just couldn't stop making them.
So I decided to offer up some kits in my Etsy shop. Using a new Heart Paper Doily, some fabric and a torn piece of ledger paper, I stitched together the layers. Back and forth in my messy stitch style.
Then I layered them onto an Air Mail Envelope and tied up the little bundle with Air Mail Baker's Twine and Red Wrinkle Ribbon. Love. A little snippet of blue Japanese Masking Tape finishes off the envelope.
I think these will be the ultimate Valentine envelope. Tuck a sweet note inside or stuff with flat, wrapped candies or candy bars. Who wouldn't want to receive a love letter like this??
I think the fun color combo is so unique for Valentine's Day this year. Hope you enjoy! I'll have a limited number of these kits and many other items up in the shop soon. :)

6 comments:

Antonella said...

What a great kit :-) I love postage stamps, I have a bunch of them that I've collected. Hugs, antonella :-)

Romaine said...

Oh Mish!!! how do you do it? :0)

Stephanie J said...

Hi Michelle! I've read your blog for awhile now, found through PTI. I had intended on emailing you, but can't find an address, so I thought I'd just leave you a comment here.

I am a DT Captain for Gauche Alchemy (Blog: www.gauchealchemy.wordpress.com , Shop: http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=26241)
and I was wondering if a) you're familiar with our product, and b) if you'd be interested in a potential month-long guest designer spot sometime in the next 3-6 months. Please contact me at: PinkStarCreations (at) hotmail (dot) com if this is something you'd be willing to partake in!

Thank you for your time!
Stephanie

DeeDee said...

Hi Mish! What an adorable idea! It's like 4th of July met Valentines Day and I LOVE IT! I really do need some of that airmail twine...I love me some red, white and blue!

I was just in your neck of the woods over the weekend and thought of you as we struggled thru the freezing cold temps and flurries of snow! LOL! Have a lovely day girlie! HUGS!

Mandy said...

This is a fab kit Mish. Love how you've incorporated the postage stamps.

Mandy

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. M... love love love this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails