July 20, 2010

Pretty Place Settings....Pink and Yellow Lemonade

Note: This is my second post for today....be sure to get a sneak of some of Jordan's creations in the post below this one. :)

Hey there, I've got another Pretty Place Setting for you. This one is called Pink and Yellow Lemonade due to the sweet pink and yellow colors on the doily. I could totally keep this one for myself and use it for lunch breaks when the girls go back to school. But alas, one cannot keep everything she buys.....and still have room for more goodies.

The placemat is actually a vintage, creamy linen, probably a little tea towel.
Three yellow cloth napkins(sorry, there wasn't four) are so versatile. Here, I've tucked a folded napkin into a pint sized Mason jar.....and folded another napkin to fit into a half pint sized jar. Tuck in silverware and a few flower sprigs from the garden and you've got instant silverware holders. The candle looks so cute in a zinc lid.
Remember the rule of odd numbers also applies to decorating. The grouping of three items like my jars and candle create a nice visual triangle.
Oh, the pink and yellow doily is so intricate and adorable.
In this Pretty Place Setting package, you'll receive one creamy cotton/linen towel, 3 yellow, floral napkins and one big pink and yellow doily.
All tied up with yellow Wrinkle Ribbon and a tag made with a snippet of burlap, a stapled, distressed tag and a tied button.
Hope you enjoy! And if happen to purchase one of my Pretty Place Settings, I'd love to see what you do with the goodies. Or if you have some clever place settings of your own, link me up with those too.

Remember, even though my place settings may be just enough for one or two......lunch by yourself can be such an enjoyable break. Keep a little basket of goodies handy and break them out at lunch time. Use the good plates...drink from the fancy glasses...use the good silverware. What are you waiting for?

8 comments:

Kara said...

Such a great concept! I'm sure they will be a hit! It gives you reason to hunt for and buy more;)
Kara

Lynn said...

what a clever use for a doily! I just can't pass these up at tag sales, thinking how somebody's granny took time to make the doily- I just have to give it a home. Now I have another use for all my "adopted" doilies! thanks so much for sharing your ideas with us!

Mini's Work on Etsy said...

LOVE the Ball Jar incorporation!

Cindy said...

I love every single bit of this post!
Can't wait to see what you have to share with us tomorrow!

Country Mouse said...

Very pretty!! Love the soft colors!

Jeannie said...

You are enticing me to bring out some of the doilies that I made years ago. I grew up in the midwest and learned how to crochet from my grandma when I was 8 around her handkerchiefs. I've been crocheting ever since. Now that I live in Arizona and I'm 48, my decorating style has changed but your photos and farm style certainly bring back that "home" feeling for me. Keep up the great work!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Judy said...

Mish, I just had to write to you and let you know how inspired I am by your creativity and style. I love vintage, repurposing, etc., and you share so many of my interests! I just love reading about your escapades and great finds during your 'jaunts'!!. It's great to see how you use all of your goodies...ah!! Needless to say, your card designs bring many smiles, too! I feel so at home when I read your blog...thanks, again, for your inspiration. Your family is very lucky to have such a talented mom who strives to make things so warm and comfy and memorable!!

Anne Tussing said...

So Sweet. I agree with you....break out the good stuff!! What are you waiting for?

Related Posts with Thumbnails