November 11, 2009

Communique Curves Inspiration

Hi everyone! It's group post time again for the Papertrey team and today we're working with a new set by Alli Miles called Communique Curves. This set will be released on November 15th.

While mass production is my usual style for holiday cards, sometimes I need a few extra cards here and there during these hustle and bustle months. By using sets like Communique Curves & Sentiments you can easily double up and produce holiday cards as well as general greeting cards. Just keep your cards simple and repeat the design elements.

As you can see with my two cards below, I kept the design of the cards the same.....I used patterned paper (Rustic Snowflakes) that can easily work for holiday cards and non holiday cards......I kept my ink colors to just two.....and switched out embellishment colors like the ribbons and buttons.
This first card is a Christmas card that features one the very pretty sentiments from Communique Curves. I love the combination of fonts. I also took a little polka dot border stamp from the set and repeated that to make a polka dot line underneath the patterned paper. This repeats the dots in the patterned paper and the dots in the sentiment. I did the same thing on my second card.
For this card, I switched things up and did a birthday card using the additional sentiment set that coordinates with Communique Curves. Both cards feature the leafy wreath stamp image also, I just switched up the ink colors and the buttons that are inside.
So if you're looking to make both Christmas cards and keep up with your regular greeting cards, try stamping with papers and stamps that help you keep it versatile, simple yet very unique.
For even more inspiration, visit the other Papertrey Designers' blogs below. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are wonderful - I can't wait to see the whole set.

JustYolie said...

Clean and simple designs! Love them!

Eveline said...

Lovely cards. I'm looking forward to the new release.
Eveline.

Susan said...

These cards are very nice - this new set works so well.
The cards work in both categories - general & holiday.

Patti J. said...

Michelle - I absolutely LOVE these. How crisp and clean they are!!! Very nice! (as always, you bring them to life!!!) Hey girl, you are always such a huge inspiration to me - be sure to run over to my blog and enter to win some 'yummies'... have a good day!

Elizabeth S. said...

These are terrific! I love how you can take one stamp set that was meant for a certain holiday but also use it year round.

Geny said...

Such pretty cards Mish, love 'em, love 'em!!!

Ingrid said...

Beautiful cards. Can't wait to see all the new sets.

Romaine said...

Love the simple lay-outs ans switch of paper to give a slightly different look! what a great set!

Related Posts with Thumbnails