June 20, 2009

Pretty shoes cure the blues.....

I took a break from my patriotic posts today to show a card that I made for my stash basket. I'm getting very low on my cards...I always love it when I see empty slots because that means I NEED to stamp.

One of my most requested type of cards is the *hang in there* type cards. I think with today's sucky economy and busy life styles in general, things can get a little hectic at times. So I like to keep some good girlfriend type cards handy at all times.

Today I made a shopping themed card using Just Rite Stampers' Girl Time Borders and Centers stamp set. It's got some really fun centers and borders that are just perfect for girly cards. The border sentiment on this particular card reads *pretty shoes sure can cure the blues*. So true! This set would be perfect for creating an entire set of cards for a friend and wrapping them up with pretty packaging and ribbon. I stamped the images onto white cardstock and then used a scalloped square punch to cut out my image. I used a couple Copic markers in the BG tones and some light greys to add just a little color to the image. You'll be seeing lots more images from Just Rite that can be colored, a real bonus for us Copic lovers. And I really loved the layout of the card, it's one that I'll be adding to my sketch book for future reference.
To pretty up my card, I used Papertrey's Polka Dots Basics on my Kraft background, Vintage Buttons tied with ribbon and Rustic Twine, October Afternoon cardstock, EK Success border punches and machine stitching. I like this layout so much, I think I need to go into mass production mode a bit and make some more.

Hope you have a Happy Day!! We're headed out to Washunga Days in downtown historic Council Grove, Kansas. My mother in law has summed up our day pretty good...each year she always says *yep, let's go watch the parade, eat greasy vendor food (I prefer Indian Tacos), sweat our butts off, go home, have diarrhea and take a nap*. Yep, that pretty much sums it up and I love every minute of it!! There's a flea market full of good junk too. Eric sees it as just that....junk. And my dad calls it the Crap Show. But I love my treasures. :)

Note: Looking for the hard to find October Afternoon paper? My cool friend Cindy, from Star Lit Studio, carries a good selection. Get it while ya can, but save me some okay?!

9 comments:

dolcreations said...

Michelle..this card is so cute.
I love those justrite stamp sets that you introduced me to. I have ordered them just last month!

Have a great day! Its raining here in Ontario pretty good..Please summer come. I need some freshly picked strawberries!

Christine

Dottie K. said...

This is just so darling. Have a great day and hope you find some good treasures. Dottie K.

Primitive Seasons said...

Mish I am LMBO at your mother in law's comment!!! Have a great time! Lovely cards lately!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Debra said...

Why do men refer to our stuff as "crap", but to theirs as "HOLY"?? Great card as usual, Mish.thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Love your "junk" and "crap" remarks---You've got a fun mother-in-law, you're lucky!!!!

Barbara in Bellflower

Trish said...

Michelle...just wanted to thank you for all of your posts. I can't wait to see what you dream up each day.

Because of all of the wonderful things you do, I placed my first Papertrey Ink order and received it yesterday. Can't wait to play around this weekend!!

Trish

Ann said...

Too cute! I love the colors and buttons!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

This card is darling! I Love the colors and the design!! Very cute and that sentiment is sooooo true!! LOL!!

Sanne said...

Wow awesome design - Lovely lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails