June 21, 2009

Get Well Slippers

Happy Father's Day to all the dads today!

It's time for more mass production cards for my stash basket. My *get well* section is GONE, not a single card left!! I always love to reach for Karen Lockhart's images for my get well cards. Her slippers, robe, socks and sentiments are just perfect for get well type cards. Today, I paper pieced the slippers using October Afternoon patterned paper. Simply stamp the image with black ink, cut out with fine tip scissors and adhere to your cards with pop dots. The slippers are very simply drawn so that you can use them for male or female or even kiddy slippers. Zoom in on the photo below to see the Polka Dot Basics background I stamped on white cardstock, then cut and embossed layers using Spellbinder's Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle Die Templates. A little vintage looking lace finishes off the focal images.
I added some shading to my slippers using the Copic Sketch marker colors below. The shading and grey shadows add just a little depth to the images.
Here's the trio of sentiments I used below. The top two are Lockhart sentiments and the bottom is a combo of two sentiments from Vintage Picnic Sentiments. Tied buttons finish off my cards.
I love to just sit and look at my little stacks of cards when I'm done. It feels good to replenish my stash of cards....it means that cards are being sent out to friends and loved ones! I recently saw the girls' hair stylist and she said she received at least 5 or 6 of my cards for her baby showers. I love to hear that! I hope you get some time to stamp soon.......make 'em and mail 'em girls!!

16 comments:

Wendi said...

Amazing, you are truly amazing. Just stopped by to see what you have creative and WOW, I am amazed again. Your creativity just never stops. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great day!

Jamie said...

Michelle, beautiful cards as always. Although I have to admit that it took me a while to realize that those were slippers, and that wasn't until after I read the description carefully. And that's all I'm going to say about that! ;)

dolcreations said...

As always..another beautiful card. Great job!
Your creativity is just amazing to me..thank-you for the inspiration!
Christine

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! If I had slippers that looked like that, I'd never take them off!

Stamperunderthestairs said...

Thank you Michelle! After 5 years of card making, I found myself in a slump recently. I found your blog on Papertrey and I am now re-inspired. So is my best stamping buddy. I could not wait for my order of Lockhart stamps to arrive! I love what you do, the slipper card is lovely! You are the best card designer out there in my opinion! I look at your site everyday in anticipation of something new. Thanks again!

Crystal
St. Albert, Alberta

Karen said...

Oh so cute cards. Love that layout. I do mail my cards all the time. Some are hard to part with. I would buy yours and never send them. I would have to look at them all the time. Thanks for always being so inspirational.

Unknown said...

Oh I love your cards! The embellies you chose look great with that paper. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Wow! Those slippers are just awesome! And they look sooooo comfy!! Nice work! I have recently been following your blog and I have to say Thank you! You truley inspire me again and again! Great work!! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Gina said...

Jamie's comment made me giggle! Acck! But when I looked at them, I did see slippers - and I thought, "Oh, those would make cute Pajama Party invites!!!" They are cute Get Well cards, too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Speaking of mailing, how do you mail yours without buttons, brads, crystals getting damaged en route? I just finished my July 4th cards and boy would a couple of buttons just make them pop, but I'm afraid that the postal machines just wouldn't understand the need for more "pop". tee hee! Deborah in TX

Unknown said...

You do such nice work.

I gave you an award...see details at my blog - Judy

www.scrampalot.blogspot.com

lana said...

отличная получилась открытка! летняя, с летним настроением :) и цвета так здорово подобраны! супер!

Cindy H. said...

Ooooh, I love these little get well cards!!

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous cards!
Love the cool colors and paper piecing!

Anonymous said...

Such a soft and delicate card....beautiful!!!!

Renee said...

Everyone of your cards are are so elegant and gorgeous...I enjoy seeing all your creations every week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails