May 12, 2009

Life is Good

Welcome to another fabulous day of Papertrey's countdown! Today I have a fun card to show you from Candice Aguilar's new set called Day at the Beach. It will be released on the 15th along with all the other new products this month at Papertrey.

This new set is jam packed full of summer time images and sentiments. It's sure to be a great set to add to your summer collection.
For my little 4.25" square card, I paper pieced two of the umbrellas in Raspberry Fizz and Summer Sunrise Inks. I adhered each umbrella topper with pop dots for some layered dimension. The flip flops are stamped with three separate stamps...the polka dots, the outline and the straps to create a fun layered look. I cut them out with Spellbinder's Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. The fun background paper features giant polka dots from the Raspberry Fizz Mix patterned paper collection.
Next up are the sentiments. There are oodles to choose from, I used two separate sentiments on my card. I finished off my sentiment strip with a snippet of Summer Sunrise Twill Ribbon and some tied Vintage Buttons. Notice how adding the Aqua Mist button adds a new color to my card with very little effort.
The finishing touch to my card is GLITTER! I used The Essential Glue Pad to generously ink the edges of my finished card. I applied the glue directly to the card edges using the ink pad itself. I then poured on the Prisma Glitter and tapped it off. You can scroll back through my photos and zoom in to see the highly glitterfied card. The shiny glitter reminds me of the sparkling pool and sand in your toes. Fun stuff!!

Summer will be here before we know it. I can't wait to make more cards, party invitations and scrapbook pages using Day at the Beach. And let me just say.....there are stamps in this set to create the perfect margarita.....what's not to love?!!
Be sure to check out Nichole's BLOG for even more great ideas and sneak peeks this week! Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh this card is so adorable!!! Love the new stamp set. Your layout is adorable!!! Colors are darling too.

Dana F. said...

Super cute!! What a cool idea to use the glitter for sand!

Debbi said...

This card is adorable! I love this new set!

Jens Place in Space said...

I love love love your work!!!! This is so cute too! Everyday I check your blog and something new is posted I get so excited!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

Karen said...

Oh, how cute is this card. Love the way you did the flip flops. Is it the 15th yet?

Carol R said...

Your card is so CUTE! I love this set and I haven't seen it all yet. Thanks for all the details on how you made it.

patriciad said...

Adorable! This set looks mighty cute. Might have to break down and get it - it looks like a lot of fun!

MaGoooo said...

CUTE - CUTE - CUTE!! Oh I LOVE what you did with this set! Wait I LOVE what you do with every set!!

Elizabeth S. said...

What a fun card!! I love how you did the glitter. It also reminds of looking out in the ocean and seeing the sun shine on it and how much it sparkles.

Helen F. said...

Summer FUN FUN FUN! Really like your cute card with the new Beach Set~

Harriet H said...

you did it again

Related Posts with Thumbnails