October 17, 2007

Becky Higgins..my scrapbooking idol!

Where to find Rubber Soul products? If you're having a hard time finding online stores that carry Rubber Soul/Wordsworth products, you can order directly from Rubber Soul. Check out the ordering process HERE. I would simply call the phone number and tell them that I sent you. Hope that helps!

UPDATE: Becky's not gonna be at KC....I'm majorly bummed. But I totally understand why. I can't link to her blog for some reason but her little girl is sick and has been in the hospital. Best wishes to Becky and her family.

Friday is gonna be a GOOD day! I'm road tripping with 5 of my best scrapbooking buddies and we're heading to a Creating Keepsakes convention in Kansas City! The best part.....I get to meet Becky Higgins in person!!!!!!!!!! She has been my scrapbooking idol since the very first issue of Creating Keepsakes, my favorite scrapbooking magazines. I can't wait to meet her, shake her hand, get our photo and have her sign my new copy of her Sketches book. So if you are heading this convention, please know that you will need to get your chit chattin' done early with Miss Becky. Me and my new BFF will have LOTS to talk about once I get there!!! LOL!!

To round out my total suck up session with my new BFF Becky, I made her this cute little notebook. I know her favorite color is green because all of her scrapbook rooms have green in them.......I checked her blog just yesterday and there it was, her green scrapbook room!!

For the pencil jar, I colored the pencils with Copic markers in lots of shades of green....again for my new BFF Becky cuz she likes green! I cut and embossed the image out with a circle die and then while the die was still on the image, I airbrushed a light shade of green over the image. I learned that trick from other good friend, Debbie Olson. (By the way, check out her
bracelet kit at Ellen's store, it's SO DANG CUTE!! You need one, I'm gonna make one too!)

Now.......I have to say.....I included my business card on the inside of the notebook. If my new BFF Becky emails me about the notebook I will just die right here on my keyboard!!!!!!!!!

Supplies: Notebook from Target, covered with polka dot paper, Ribbon from May Arts,
Lockhart Pencil Jar stamp (you know it's one of my faves!), Copic markers and airbrush system, Spellbinder's Nestability Dies (got my circles, yay!), Karen Foster tiny letter stamps.

13 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Have a great time and sounds like you have a very good "suck up" plan. Sure she will love the book and from what I understand you will probably get an email from her so be prepared.

Kacey Elliott said...

You cracked me up on this one! Awesome book, I am sure she will love it. And you might be surprised who reads your blog *wink*; make sure your hubby knows how to revive you :-)

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!!!! I'm sure Becky will love your gift - very cute. And if SHE doesn't want to be your new BFF then I would love to step into that position for her!!! LOL
Have a great time and be sure to post all the new, awesome things you make.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with your new BFF! And while you are at the convention, go to the vendor area and find the Spellbinders booth!!! Stacey will be there demonstrating with those awesome nestabilities!
Have a GREAT girl weekend!!
Kim

Valerie said...

And here I thought I was your BFF.....*grin*

Great notebook, Mish! And I loved reading this post, very funny!

Latisha said...

Since you are BFF's and all I'm sure she will email you to tell you how much she loved the notebook :) Try to act normal when you meet her, I've met a few celebrities and you really go into gaga mode when you meet them. Your brain does not let you be yourself its very strange.
Any how I recieve the blog candy!!!! Thank you so much again. I love the card you made as well. I can't wait to use the stamps.

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation. So sorry your idol won't be available, but she will adore this notebook.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you won't get to see BH @ this event..maybe another time:)
I do have a question for you though..I am *dying* to get my hands on a couple of Rubber Soul sets (It's Your Day that you used-*adorable* and Mod Nature) that I've seen here and other places..but I'm having a hard time finding a place to order them online direct...any input?
Thanks!
mwthornton@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Mish, you are the pencil QUEEN! Maybe you should mail it to Becky. :-)

Misty said...

Have a great time. Becky is an amazing person. She has made me cry with how in tune she is with the soul of every scrapper... well, her slide show made me cry. Can't wait to see the pics.
Misty

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh, the ever-wonderful Mishy style ... applied to one of our fav alterables!! Love this!

~Tex

Bev The Softball Mom said...

Becky Higgins is asking you to contact her on her blog. Ü

skylark knits said...

Hey, Michelle ... Becky has a message for ya:

http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2007/10/thankful-random-stuff.html

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails