September 23, 2007

Stack-o-Cupcakes!

Mmmm, I'm so hungry for a cupcake right now! Remember this image that I posted a few days ago with my Copic techniques. Well, here's the finished card. A pretty and simple birthday card that will go into my card stash....my ladies are wanting me to bring my basket to school so I need to make some refill cards! This card uses a Memory Box card base and Memory Box pink polka dot paper from the Sugar collection. The images are from Karen Lockhart and can be purchased from Ellen's store as well as the papers and the fun decorative pearls that I used on each cupcake. You can see the packaging sitting underneath the cards. I love those little embellishments! Ribbon is from May Arts. Image was colored with Copic markers and a Copic Colorless Blender.
Here's a close up of some shimmer that I added to the cupcakes. I used my Copic Spica Silver Glitter Pen to make foil cupcake liners.

Tip of the day: If you are wanting to use ribbon on your card front, try this. Tie the ribbon around the card front. Then adhere the bottom colored mat underneath the ribbon. Attach dimensionals to the back of the main image and then adhere that OVER the ribbon. This helps the main image from having a hump in it and possibly popping off of your card front. It also makes your card look like you put some real thought into it.

Questions: By now many of you have received your Copic marker and Spellbinder's dies. Any questions that you have? I try to answer questions from your responses but sometimes I miss some.

One question that was asked was about storing Copic markers horizontally. I had them packed vertically in my little pink tote bag in some previous photos. I have sent this question to my Copic friends and am awaiting an answer......but I can probably guess that storing them horizontally is probably a good thing. This helps the ink to not settle in one end of your marker, thus preventing the other end from drying out. I'll let you know what I hear back. And typically I do store my markers horizontally unless I'm taking my little tote with me somewhere. Thanks for the question!!

10 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

I love what that sparkly pen did to your cupcakes! I need to order the whole set!! Love the ribbon idea! Laurie

M!ssPr!ssy said...

I think some people need to quit showing off. LOL

Viv said...

In regards to storing the Copics. The clear plastic containers that Copic sells for storage, they stand vertically.

Love your cupcake card, Cupcake!

Cheryl said...

Love the ribbon tip but one question--Does the ribbon go through a hole on the side and then show on the inside cover? Could you take a photo of the inside of the card for me? I always have such trouble with ribbon--love the looks of it but it always looks like an afterthought on my cards (which it usually is!)
I love the looks of the spica glitter pens. I have to get them!!!
Cheryl Sims

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a great card,love your coloriing and those pearls on the cup cakes.

Dawn said...

Michelle, I just wanted to add a little "lesson-learned" from you:) I have the nestability dies, and I DO LOVE EM', however I have the Cuttlebug and would suggest, such as you have, that you buy the Wizard to go with. I have now broken both B plates while trying to emboss. It doesn't seem to run thru as harshly when using the dies to cut them out, but once you get the 3 extra pieces of CS for embossing, is where you run into trouble! I even tried cutting back a few pieces and still no luck. I'm hoping to buy the Wizard soon...then I can get more dies:) I'm no expert on products, just sharing my experience...Lesson Learned!!!...lol
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Too cute! And I love your new picture!

Little Bits Of Everything said...

Love the cupcakes, Yum. Your new blog banner is so cute and festive!

msfitzie said...

Love the new look to your blog! Your picture has changed,too and you look gorgeous as usual.

Whimsey said...

Love the cupcake cards; that ribbon is DEE-LISH!!! And I remember these images from the awesome Copic tutorial. You rock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails