April 16, 2007

Virtual Stamp Weekend







My friend Heather BabyCakes McHooty hosted a Virtual Stamp Weekend. There were several challenges including a color challenge, distressing challenge and a sketch challenge. My favorite challenge was the sketch challenge, which I used on all of my cards posted today. When I look back at a lot of my cards, I am noticing a trend of using a strip of cardstock/patterned paper along with a circle accent of some sort. So this sketch was perfect for me, I love it! I was a stamping machine this last weekend because I needed to stamp graduation cards for a friend. She needs 22 cards, most with a different theme. So I was busy....stamp and clean up, stamp and clean up. Hope you enjoy!

Images include AMuse(piggy and yeehaw), Papertrey Inc(butterflies and sentiments), HA (stitched circle), SU! (congrats graduate), Michaels (you go girl). Pink paper by Three Bugs in a Rug, blue paper by Chatterbox, turq/orange paper by Crate Paper. You can purchase a ton of fun paper at Eclectic Paperie..see link under my shopping area.

Tip of the day: When you only really need to create one card, go ahead and stamp in multiples of 2. It makes so much sense, because you already have the supplies out and it's easy to create in two's because you cut a sheet of cardstock in half anyway. So go and make two, four or more cards to have on hand. And most of the time, I go ahead and use up a full sheet of 12 x 12 patterned paper. I lose the scraps otherwise.

18 comments:

Joy said...

Mish, these are all so awesome! Everything you do just amazes me! Love 'em!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! Great layout too, looks like a keeper!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

BabyCakes checking in to say HOT HOT HOT!!!!!! DANG girl - you just blow me away with EVERYTHING that you do!!!! I wish I could just sit and watch you stamp!!! AWESOME stuff Mishie!

Unknown said...

Seeing those cards perked me up this morning... or maybe, the cafeeine's kicking in?? Just kidding - it was the cards!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Beautiful! Love them! And, thank you so much for posting pics of your room. I was one of them that made the request. Incredible room! I couldn't reply until now becaue I was still drooling!

Sherrie said...

That is a lot of stamping! Nice layout! you are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Great Cards Mish - Love the layout, so good with those neat punches. I'd love to see you in action too. You are amazing! Your Stamp Room is to die for - Dang FABULOUS!
Barb

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards!! I like the circle and strip element because it makes the card more interesting (rule of threes). I probably would have never thought about it if you didn't mention it, TFS.

Anonymous said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

Mish, these look amazing! Dang...I missed another VSN. I will have to try that sketch. It's gorgeous

Unknown said...

These are wonderful. I love that layout. Lots of use there! This will ROCK with the new Paper Trey Ink set! Looks like I'm going to have to cave and get the butterfly one too... the only one I don't have to date. ;-)

Beautiful cards.

Kelly A. Battles said...

I absolutely love your site! I think your style is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I like this sketch, too, and have used something similiar in my designs. Your tip of the day is right on! I make duplicates a lot because I usually make one or two to sell and then one or two of the same design to keep for my own use.
Wish I could stamp today... you've insired me!

steph said...

Beautiful cards!
I just came across your blog a couple of weeks ago...you are now a bookmarked daily favorite!
You do a wonderful job.
Thanks for the inspiration!
-Stephanie

Allison Rankin said...

Um...can you say CASE?

Kristy said...

Do you have an SCS gallery? If so, I'd love to see the link on your page!

Ila said...

Wonderful Cards!..just Perfect!! and a great tip as well. TFS

Anonymous said...

That is really a lot of watches, When people think of Patek Philippe for example.
http://www.watchestoo.com
replica watches
rolex
rolex oyster perpetual datejust watch
rolex oyster perpetual datejust replica watch
rolex oyster perpetual datejust
rolex ladies datejust
BREITLING
BREITLING BENTLEY
BREITLING BENTLEY MOTORS
BREITLING CERTIFIE
BREITLING CHRONO MATIC
BREITLING CHRONOMAT
BREITLING COLT QUARTZ
BREITLING EVOLUTION

Related Posts with Thumbnails